Licence Requirements

It is illegal  to take Turtles from the wild in Australia.

But you can keep captive bred turtles if you have a Native Animal Keepers Licence.
In New South Wales a licence is available from:

National Parks and Wildlife Service,
PO Box 1967 Hurstville NSW 1381, Phone (02) 9585 6406, Fax (02) 9585 3601.

You can apply for one on-line using this link

The licence you require is a Class 1. Native Animal Keepers License.                                                                                                                    Once you have applied, your licence number will be emailed within a day or two.


To obtain a licence in other states, contact your local wildlife authority.







2011 Bathurst Turtles
Site design by Codia Marketing